I think we can all agree that 2020 sucked cheese balls. I am a firm believer in “The Secret” philosophy – “whatever consumes your thoughts is what you will eventually get in life.”
With that in mind, I have 21 specific demands for the year 2021 that will be “consuming my thoughts” for the next 12 months.
1. I will NOT have toilet water repeatedly sloshing my butt!
2. I will NOT be paying rent in two places!
3. I will NOT be holding any Zoom meetings…regardless of how “hilarious” they are!
4. I will NOT be giving any more questionable quarantine haircuts!
5. I will NOT be accosted by a Walmart receipt Nazi!
6. I will NOT have any sick kiddos!
7. I will NOT be driven deaf by a grand prix!
8. I will NOT accidentally order 96 cheese danish!
9. I will NOT experience any funnel clouds – PERIOD!
10. I will NOT be packing and running from any hurricanes!
11. I will NOT run out of toilet paper!
12. I will NOT hide in the woods from rioters!
13. I will NOT avoid eating out because of riots!
14. I will NOT run over my guitar!
15. My laptop will NOT croak!
16. It will NOT take me 6 months to start writing another new book!
17. I will NOT give my kid food poisoning!
18. I will NOT be taking any trips to the E.R.!
19. NO neighbors are going to accuse me of stealing a stupid garden hose!
20. I will NOT assume that a disagreement with a neighbor will last forever!
21. And, NOBODY I know and love is going to die!
There. I said it. Now, I’m going to sit back and watch all of these things NOT happen in 2021.
THIS IS A REMINDER that the WritersWeekly.com Winter, 2021 24-Hour Short Story Contest is SATURDAY, JANUARY 9th!
We are super excited about this topic!!
See the link below for all past topics and winning stories. Only 500 participants are allowed per contest so don’t delay if you wanna play!
COME JOIN US RIGHT HERE ON SATURDAY, 1/9/21! It’s a blast! 🙂
1st Place $300 + a Book Publishing Package from BookLocker.com! (Value: $875)
2nd Place: $250
3rd Place: $200
+ 80 other prizes!
Angela Hoy lives in St. Petersburg, Florida. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the President and CEO of BookLocker.com and AbuzzPress, and the author of 24 books.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here:
The Art and Craft of Writing and Editing
Writing is a constant dialogue between author and reader.
The craft of writing involves an interchange of emotions between an author and a reader. An author creates a story line, conflict, and characters, gives his characters words to speak, and then hands off these materials to a reader. This process results in a constant dialogue between the mental imagery produced by a reader and that proposed by the author.
Read more here: