Several weeks ago, we made the decision to take a trip to the sticks during election week. Since protests in St. Petersburg, Florida have been off and on over the past several months, we didn’t want to take any chances in case things got bad. So far, they have not.
Our daughter, son-in-law, and two of our grandbabies are here with us, too. We are holed up in a cabin in the woods in Inverness, Florida – a very large cabin that is very affordable. On the first night we arrived, Florida’s first big cold front of the year arrived as well! In fact, that night, it got down to 45 degrees here!! The acorns were falling in the strong north wind and, each time one hit the metal roof here, it sounded like an oak tree dropped a boulder. 😉
Last night, we all sat around the fire pit, shoving crispy, burnt marshmallows in our mouths, and avoiding any and all talk about politics. Mmm!!!
We’ve heard a few gunshots in the distance but those are hunters. Last night, a pack of coyotes nearby started howling together, and for a very long time. Their mournful calling was so creepy and beautiful and AWESOME!!
It’s still very comfortable here despite the temperatures rising a bit. We’re scheduled to depart on Monday so we’re anticipating more nights of marshmallows, Hershey Bars, graham crackers, ghost stories, and howling coyotes. Yea!!! 🙂
If that hurricane that’s meandering in our direction heads for St. Pete, we’ll extend our trip by a couple of days. We will NOT be driving toward the eye of the storm.
- Abbreviated Issue Because We’re Camping in the Boonies!
- No More Single Points of Failure!
- Camping For Boys = Quiet Writing Time For Me!
- HUMPH!!! No Camping Trip for US This Weekend!!
- From Vacation To PAYcation: Writing and Selling Your Travel STORIES By Eric D. Goodman
- Organizing Your Overseas Writing Vacation By Roy Stevenson
- Vacation in Key West with…the Flu!
Angela Hoy lives on a 52' Irwin Center Cockpit Ketch (sailboat) with her family and pets. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, BookLocker.com, and AbuzzPress, and the author of 19 books. Keep up with her family's adventurous liveaboard lifestyle at GotNoTanLines.com.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: