Our Managing Editor, Brian Whiddon, is handling the Home Office column this week and he took this opportunity to ROAST ANGELA! Enjoy!!!
We are sharing our annual Christmas Sing-a-Long song with you this week. We hope you enjoy this poetic masterpiece!
We Three Slaves of BookLocker Are
(Sing to the Tune of We Three Kings…of course)
Oh, how we labor into the night
Sore are our fingers, blurry our sight
The kids need feeding, the dogs need peeing
Is there relief in sight?
Angela is a hard driving boss
“FINISH THOSE COVERS – THE MATTE AND THE GLOSS!”
Sorrowing, sighing, aching and crying
Still we must bear our cross
Oh, will she give us Christmas Eve off?
Justin has fever, Ali a cough
Brian is bleeding, but still proceeding
To finish a trailer, one-off
Oh, Angela hear us, hear our distress,
We’re all tired – haggard and pressed
Working and slaving, time off we’re craving
PLEASE can we have a REST??
TWO EMPLOYEES RESPOND TO THE SONG –
Man oh Man,
Does Brian have balls!
I heard about this song
When we were decking the halls
Since he’s married to the boss
I guess he’ll be fine
Otherwise he’d be
In the unemployment line…
Angela’s smart, and nice
And funny to boot.
I love working here,
She’s such a hoot!
Please let me use
This space as my onus
To ask when I can expect
My, ahem, Christmas bonus?
AND, ANGELA (uh oh!!!):
I approve of these lyrics
Though they’re not very inspiring
Have you heard, Brian?
Amazon is hiring…
- Brian Shares Another Holiday Sing-a-long! Come Sing With Us to the Tune of Deck the Halls!! (WARNING: RATED R)
- “Buoy Bells?!” A Christmas-in-Florida Sing (and Laugh) Along written by the Naughty Elves at WritersWeekly and BookLocker!
- Aaaahhh!!! From Extravagant Spending to a Christmas for Minimalists by Angela Hoy
- “Save the neck for me, Clark!” (and updated pics from my falling-off-the-boat accident)
- Best White Elephant Gift EVER! Plus, the HILARIOUS Saran Wrap Game!
- The P.O.D. of Christmas Past: Self-Publishing in 1843 By Steve Anderson
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here:
So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter - How To Make Money Writing Without a Byline
Many freelance writers find it difficult to break into the publishing world. What they don't know, however, is that there's a faster and easier way to see their words in print. It's called ghostwriting, and it's an extremely lucrative, fun, and challenging career.
But how do you get started as a ghostwriter? How do you find new clients who will pay you to write their material? How do you charge? And what kind of contracts do you need to succeed? All these questions and more are answered in So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter...How to Make Money Writing Without a Byline.
Read more here: