As some of you know, Brian and I are in the church choir. Also, every Wednesday, Mason (age 16) and I take guitar lessons together. I was in choir when I was in school and I started playing guitar when I was 15. I’ve sang a few solos in church with my guitar and I’m always honored when they ask me to do that (even though my heart beats like crazy when I’m up there alone). Sometimes, Mason accompanies me on his guitar. It’s a lot less stressful when he’s next to me. Mason plays electric and acoustic, and has a keyboard that he hooks up to his computer. He showed me the program. It looked like Algebra to me. I’m sticking with my acoustic guitar…
Anyway, I received a text from our pastor on Tuesday evening. He asked if I could sing a solo at a funeral the next day. The family had requested to hear a specific hymn. Of course, I said yes. It was a song I did not know so thank Heaven for YouTube. I listened to it probably about 100 times that night, and early the next morning as well. Then, I met with the pianist to rehearse. Luckily, she had the sheet music so I had words to look at while I was singing. I had been getting a bit nervous about that.
It was a military funeral with the Honor Guard there. At the end, they folded the American flag to give to the widow, and played Taps. And, that’s when I lost it.
The gentleman was a Vietnam Veteran and our family and entire community are extremely thankful, and will be forever indebted to him for his service, and for the sacrifices his wife and son made when he served.
- After Running Over My Guitar, I Got a “New” One That’s Been Used in Music Videos….For Free!!!
- I Ran Over My Guitar. Yes, I Really Did…
- First Guitar Lesson Injury!
- Goodbye Grandma…
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here:
QUERY LETTERS THAT WORKED! Real Queries That Landed $2K+ Writing Assignments
Peek over the shoulders of highly successful freelance writers to see how they earn thousands per article! The query letter is the key!
In these pages, you'll find real query letters that landed real assignments for national magazines, websites, and corporations.
- Abbi Perrets' form letter that brings in $30,000-$45,000 annually
- Sample phone query from Christine Greeley
- The Six Golden Rules of Queries and Submissions...and How I Broke Them! by Bob Freiday
- Your Rights As a "Freelancer"
- and ANGELA HOY'S SECRET for finding ongoing freelance work from companies that have a stable of freelancers, yet never run ads for them!
How to Reborn a Doll in a Day
Angela Hoy's istructional guide to creating your own reborn doll!
Create your very own adorable reborn baby
in only one day, or craft a cherished keepsake as a gift
for a special child or grandchild!
Learn how to create your own realistic bundle of joy or how to start crafting reborns for profit! Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
Read more here: