As I’ve written in previous posts, we have been planning to move out of Florida. We are hurricane-weary and the crowds here have us longing for a quiet place in the mountains. We first looked in Tennessee but we fell in love with the mountains of Georgia. Our daughter and son-in-law already bought a house there. They closed last week and their new house is only 45 minutes from our son-in-law’s parents.
Yesterday, we made an offer on a house in far northwest Georgia, in the mountains, and the offer was accepted today. Now, we are drowning in paperwork. Yuck.
We’ll be traveling up there again in a couple of weeks for the inspection. This will be our third trip to Georgia in just two months. The place we want to buy is 10 hours north of here (and only 2 hours from our daughter and son-in-law’s new house). On long drives, we switch drivers every two hours, and listen to podcasts to lessen the monotony of watching the stripes on the highway racing by.
Here’s the best news. The house is rural but it has excellent Internet service and speed. That was the number one thing we asked about every time we found a house that we might want to view.
The next few weeks are going to be crazy nuts. We’re very excited about life quieting down SOON.
- House Hunting Kinda Sucks!
- Pandemic, Riots, AND a Hurricane! WE’RE (temporarily) MOVING!!
- We’re Moving to St. Pete! – Part II
- We’re Moving to St. Pete! – Part I
- How BookLocker Has Remained Profitable for 20 Years…when so many others have failed by Angela Hoy, WritersWeekly.com, BookLocker.com, Abuzz Press and PubPreppers.com
Angela Hoy lives in St. Petersburg, Florida. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the President and CEO of BookLocker.com and AbuzzPress, and the author of 24 books.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: