BOOKLOCKER’S BLACK FRIDAY THROUGH CYBER MONDAY HALF-PRICE BOOK PUBLISHING PACKAGE SALE IS IN EFFECT RIGHT NOW!!
Details, the link to sign up, and the discount code are RIGHT HERE.
- Pecan pie ingredients? Check!
- Pumpkin pie ingredients? Check! (The pumpkin is from our garden!)
- Spinach dip ingredients? Check! (The spinach is also from our garden!)
- Angie’s Not-Even-Close-to-Homemade Succulent Stuffing ingredients? Check! (Recipe is below!)
Those are our dish assignments for Thanksgiving. We are traveling to our daughter and son-in-law’s house on Wednesday. We’ll help them clean and cook that day, be at their service all day Thursday, and head back home on Friday…and I’m already exhausted just thinking about it all! 😉
I will probably have grandbaby duty while all the preparations are being made. I was back at the podiatrist this week. I’m now in a big, ugly, black boot (soooooo sexy….), and am on heavy-duty steroids to try to get my ankle/heel back to normal. It’s been about three months now and I’m sick and tired of being in pain with every single step I take.
I have to admit, however, that spending tons of time with the grandbabies is FAR more appealing to me than cleaning and cooking!
There will be approximately 22 people there. Don’t worry. We already had Covid!
ALERT!! AFTER THANKSGIVING, WE ARE HAVING A HALF-PRICE PUBLISHING PACKAGE SALE at BookLocker!! That will last from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. I’ll post a link and the discount code right here (SEE ABOVE!!) next Friday morning when the sale goes live. 🙂
Angie’s Not-Even-Close-to-Homemade Succulent Homemade Stuffing
Enough boxes of Stovetop Stuffing Mix to feed your family (Yeah, I cheat. Ssssh! Don’t tell!!)
Italian sausage (1 lb for every box of stuffing – the more the better!)
Dried cranberries (One 12 oz bag for every 2 boxes of stuffing)
1. Brown the Italian sausage in olive oil. It should be crumbled by the time you’re finished. Add the dried cranberries until they’re moist and juicy, and heated through. Set aside.
2. In a separate pan, make the stuffing per the directions on the box.
3. Add the sausage/cranberry mixture to the stuffing. Stir/fluff. Serve.
It is DELICIOUS!!!
Tom the Turkey is about 15 years old now. At seven feet tall, he’s held up very well in the elements! He’s made from felt, and stuffed with batting. I added the hand-painted Stove Top Stuffing box this year. The neighbors LOVE the display, and can’t wait to see what we’re going to put out front for Christmas. 😉
- Turkey is Thawing!
- Ah, Gluttony…
- Naked Tom is Hanging on the Bow of “No Tan Lines!”
- Holidays Coming Fast and Furious
- How to KEEP WRITING through Holidays, Special Events, and More! by Wendy Hobday Haugh
Angela Hoy lives on a mountain in North Georgia. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the President and CEO of BookLocker.com and AbuzzPress, and the author of 24 books.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here:
The Art and Craft of Writing and Editing
Writing is a constant dialogue between author and reader.
The craft of writing involves an interchange of emotions between an author and a reader. An author creates a story line, conflict, and characters, gives his characters words to speak, and then hands off these materials to a reader. This process results in a constant dialogue between the mental imagery produced by a reader and that proposed by the author.
Read more here: