I wrapped up my gimpy leg, and sat in the back seat of the car with cushions under my knee. Then, we drove two hours to The Gaylord Palms, a popular hotel here in Florida that pulls out all the stops for Christmas.
Yesterday, I got to babysit Jack while everyone else went to the frigid ice display. I did that about four years ago. It reminded me too much of Maine, what with my nostril hairs instantly turning into tiny icicles and whatnot. So, I was happy to stay in the nice, warm hotel room, napping with Jack.
We had a very nice dinner and I’m spending the day with our daughter and Jack, working and watching Christmas movies. The guys are at Legoland. I am SO glad I got out of that! I can’t stand amusement parks.
Jack was playing on the bed a moment ago and I asked Ali, “Is he going to fall off, or crawl off?” She said no. I guess he heard me because seconds later, this happened…
He then found my iPad with the popping bubbles game and he brought it to me, laughing.
Ali and I are taking Jack to the Gingerbread Making Area this afternoon and then Jack is going to meet with Santa. I can’t wait to see his reaction! Then, I’ll come back here and put my leg back up again. We’re heading home tomorrow. It’s very relaxing and magic here and the boys and Jack are having a blast! 🙂
- “Save the neck for me, Clark!” (and updated pics from my falling-off-the-boat accident)
- OUR NEW GRANDDAUGHTER!! Does THIS Look Like a Newborn to You?! And, a Plane Crashed RIGHT HERE!
- When an E.R. Doc Treats You Like a Junkie (and an updated pic of my deformed leg!)
- STILL GROTESQUELY SWOLLEN but the Doc Says I’m Not Gonna Die! (Includes a new photo!)
- LOOK! I HAVE 2 KNEES ON ONE LEG!! My First Major Liveaboard Accident… (includes grotesque pics!)
Angela Hoy lives in St. Petersburg, Florida. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the President and CEO of BookLocker.com and AbuzzPress, and the author of 24 books.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
Completely revised edition of the ground-breaking travel writing book that provides a road map to success in the digital age. It dives headlong into the entrepreneurial world of blogging and digital books, while still acknowledging the real money to be made in declining print forms.
Drawing on interviews and survey responses from more than 100 successful travel writers and bloggers, this is the definitive guide to creating success instead of waiting for permission. Written by a veteran, award-winning writer with two decades of experience as a book author, online publisher, freelancer, and blogger.
Read more here:
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: