A few weeks ago, I opened the door to go down to the basement and I smelled something unpleasant. It smelled like garlic. Strong garlic. I asked Brian to check it out. He said, “I don’t smell anything.”
It remained. Each time I opened the door, I was hit with a wave of the smell. And, I could smell it everywhere in the basement. A few days later, I asked Mason to open the door. He said, “Smells fine to me.”
The following weekend, I asked Max the same thing. He couldn’t smell it, either. I was starting to think I had a brain tumor or something. And, I was avoiding the basement more and more.
Well, last week, Brian came upstairs and said, “Guess what I found on a shelf in the basement?”
I asked, “What?”
He said, “Remember those garlic cloves you asked me to plant a few weeks ago? Well, I put them on a shelf and forgot about them. They turned into garlic goo. I threw them in the compost pile.”
I wasn’t upset at all. I’m just glad I don’t have a brain tumor! Now I’m wondering if I need to take all the guys to an ear, nose, and throat doctor to see why none of them could detect that noxious smell!
- The Garden Beds are Now Full!
- It’s Plantin’ Time with the Grandbabies!
- 8 Farming & Gardening Paying Markets for Writers by Karoki Githure
- Paying market for writers: Greenprints: The Weeder’s Digest
- Fall’s Approach Brings New Life to Our Garden Beds! – by Brian Whiddon
- The Monster Hiding in Our Garden…
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here:
QUERY LETTERS THAT WORKED! Real Queries That Landed $2K+ Writing Assignments
Peek over the shoulders of highly successful freelance writers to see how they earn thousands per article! The query letter is the key!
In these pages, you'll find real query letters that landed real assignments for national magazines, websites, and corporations.
- Abbi Perrets' form letter that brings in $30,000-$45,000 annually
- Sample phone query from Christine Greeley
- The Six Golden Rules of Queries and Submissions...and How I Broke Them! by Bob Freiday
- Your Rights As a "Freelancer"
- and ANGELA HOY'S SECRET for finding ongoing freelance work from companies that have a stable of freelancers, yet never run ads for them!