Well, it’s Spring once again and that means the carpenter bees are back! In case you haven’t seen one, they look like gigantic, fat bumble bees. They are quite intimidating if you don’t know that the ones buzzing you, the males, are harmless. They will fly right up to your face, and look you in the eye. I’m not kidding!!
“Curious in nature, it’s not unusual for the male carpenter bee (upon discovering you within his territory) to fly in and hover only inches from your face.”
Even better, they can remember individual humans! How cool is that??
“Bees may have brains the size of poppy seeds, but they’re able to pick out individual “features on human faces and recognize them during repeat interactions.
During our first Spring here, we kept encountering them and they would fly right up in front of us, pause in mid-air, and STARE at us! It was the creepiest thing! Yet, they never tried to sting us. So, I researched it. The females can sting but they stay in the nest. The males are the ones that are swarming everywhere.
And, swarm they do! They’ve been driving Tank NUTS! He doesn’t mind getting buzzed.
What he DOES mind is that he can’t catch them!! I posted THIS FUNNY VIDEO. Wait for it!! He misses three times. Oh, Tank!!!
If he did catch one, I can’t imagine it would taste very good.
I, myself, have been enjoying having “a moment” with the ones who come right up in my face. I posted a video of that RIGHT HERE as well. Our daughter said the video looks fake. It is not. 😉
- Driving Backwards Down the Freeway…and Bionic Bumblebees – 04 2021
- A VERY Intelligent Wasp Sends Me to Urgent Care – 08 2021
- How I Survived Covid-19 with Home Remedies PROVEN BY SCIENCE
- PART I: A Snake Fell On My Face! ON MY FACE!!!
- Love Bug Cemetery…on the Boat?
- Blew Out My Ribs Coughing…
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK?
a self-publishing services company that has been in business since 1998. Ask her anything.
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: