Last week, we were subjected to a plague of massive proportions! A zillion (yes, I counted them) love bugs descended on our city. It was obviously a very well-planned Arthropoda orgy. I felt sorry for the singletons but the partners seemed to be having a blast! They swarmed all over the marina, buzzing our boat, landing on the deck, and even bringing their love fest through ports, inside the boat. Mason, who doesn’t like insects, wasn’t a happy camper but the rest of us were laughing at the romantic energy buzzing all around us. The swarm lasted for about three days.
For two evenings thereafter, however, we found hundreds of dead love bugs all over the cockpit. We originally thought they died from the heat. But, after researching it, we learned the female love bugs had simply died of exhaustion. They only live two to three days after mating and laying their eggs. That was kind of sad but at least they enjoyed their last few days of life. And, we were very happy for the sweet company. 🙂
- Island-hopping and Deep Sea Fishing!
- LOUD Cannon Fire From the Tall Ship Lynx!
- A Severed Achilles Tendon and a Stray Cat Stuck in the Bilge! NON-STOP CHAOS!!
- The Grand Prix is Coming to Town…So We’re LEAVING!
- GotNoTanLines – Jump on board with the Hoy Family as they move their children, pets, and business onto a 52-foot sailboat!
- More News From the Home Office!
Angela Hoy lives on a 52' Irwin Center Cockpit Ketch (sailboat) with her family and pets. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, BookLocker.com, and AbuzzPress, and the author of 19 books. Keep up with her family's adventurous liveaboard lifestyle at GotNoTanLines.com.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: