One night last week, I was sitting on the back porch, minding my own business, when I heard a loud buzzing, and felt the wind from large wings behind my neck. That critter flew right down the back of my sweater! I was afraid to move, thinking I might squish him, or get stung, so I screamed and turned my phone on to see if I could see what it was. I reached way back behind me, inside my sweater, and it worked! I got a video of him (her). And, this is the screenshot I got from the video:
Here’s another pretty thing:
Black-Horned Green Lacewing
In other news, our neighbor, Mike, has cows and horses. Brian was driving by the other day, and discovered that all of the cows and horses had gotten out, and were lazily grazing on the side of the road. Brian alerted Mike and they both managed to corral the animals back into the field. And, Mike fixed the fence.
To thank him (ha ha), Mike offered to let Brian collect cow patties for our compost pile. They will need to compost for quite awhile but we’re very excited that our garden will have extra nutrients next year!
I call it Moo Poo!
The garden is coming along nicely! Brian brought in several fat, juicy strawberries yesterday and we harvested several turnips and garlic scrapes as well. Also, I planted a giant lettuce plant and it’s spilling out of its 15-gallon pot! We’ll be eating lots of lettuce for the next week!!
- Mystery of the Weird Basement Smell Has Been SOLVED!
- The Garden Beds are Now Full!
- It’s Plantin’ Time with the Grandbabies!
- Tank the Dog vs. GIANT Carpenter Bees
- Fire on Lookout Mountain!
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: