- Interesting and disturbing story about book piracy in China.
- Mt. Ivy Press and its founder, Jane Daniel – Court upholds $22M Award to authors who claimed this publisher kept royalties that belonged to them and hid the money in offshore accounts.
- Joshua Dinnerman / JDD Media – Dishing out lawsuit threats like candy.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – Sued by seven female writers alleging age, gender bias.
- Melanie Mills / Lisa Hackney – Previously convicted in Canada for a scheme that bilked writers, may be returned to the U.S. to face more charges. Is accused of hitting her mother with a car.
- Bakersfield School District in California – Sued by students trying to prevent principal from censoring student newspaper articles.
- San Bernardino County Sun in California – Editors apologize twice for implying murder victims were drug dealers
- The Chicago Tribune – Jury finds the paper did NOT libel a former suburban prosecutor.
- The Miami Herald – Sued by jockey who claims an article defamed him.