- Henri Paratte / Les…ditions du Grand Pre’ / Henri D. Paratte – Took author’s money and, five years later, still no book (but lots of lame excuses!).
- The Sun, a British tabloid – being sued by Cameron Diaz for libel
- News Group Newspapers, publishers of British pubs News of the World and The Sun – Win lawsuit brought by Romanian man. The publisher had claimed the man had been a prt of a kidnapping plot.
- Newsweek – Retracts story that led to 17 deaths.
- The Jerusalem Post / Palestine Post Ltd. – Sued by man who claims he was incorrectly labeled a Nazi.
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer, one of its reporters and The News Tribune of Tacoma – Sued by scientist who claims the papers falsely blamed his lab work and testimony for the wrongful murder convictions of two Oregon men.
- Detroit Free Press – Editor and Publisher accepts responsibility for quotes published without attribution
- Orlando Sentinel – Sued by psychiatrist.