- Publish America / PublishAmerica.com – Sued by Encyclopedia Britannica for alleged trademark infringement (Note: link is PDF file.)
- The Daily Egyptian – Concedes it failed to follow basic journalistic practices after being hoaxed.
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel – apologizes after attaching former mayor’s name to an Op-Ed column he did not write.
- Publisher Shinchosha Co. in Japan – loses libel lawsuit. Ordered to pay 3.3 million yen in compensation for a magazine article that suggested wrong person committed crime.
- Numerous lawsuits likely – family of Argentine-born guerrilla, whose photo has appeared on numerous products and in publications since
1960, plan to start suing companies that have used it without authorization.
- Self-published, best selling author Kevin Trudeau – Article states author of Natural Cures ‘They’ Don’t Want You to Know About is an ex-con.