Simon and Schuster prevail.
MILO YIANNOPOULOS ENDS $10 MILLION SUIT VS. PUBLISHER … No Money Exchanged
“Milo sued his former publisher claiming they caved from mounting pressure — from all kinds of celebs — to put the kibosh on his book deal after allegations surfaced he condoned pedophilia.”
Freelance writers win lawsuit against Ebony
Mourning the Living: On Finally Winning the Lawsuit Against Ebony Magazine
“Writers remained silent for years, hoping we could work this out behind-the-scenes as we understood the damage that could be done if we spoke out against Ebony magazine. There was partly the fear of losing a place to write for intertwined with the conditioning about how damaging it can be when black folks talk about their own.”
Stanford professor withdraws $10 million libel suit against journal, academic critic
“Last year, Jacobson sued Christopher Clack, lead author of a paper strongly criticizing Jacobson’s work, and the National Academy of Sciences.”
Read more WritersWeekly Whispers and Warnings RIGHT HERE.
Peek over the shoulders of highly successful freelance writers to see how they earn thousands per article! The query letter is the key!
In these pages, you'll find real query letters that landed real assignments for national magazines, websites, and corporations.
- Abbi Perrets' form letter that brings in $30,000-$45,000 annually
- Sample phone query from Christine Greeley
- The Six Golden Rules of Queries and Submissions...and How I Broke Them! by Bob Freiday
- Your Rights As a "Freelancer"
- and ANGELA HOY'S SECRET for finding ongoing freelance work from companies that have a stable of freelancers, yet never run ads for them!