Since I am currently on my back from my recent boat mishap injuries, and since typing is KILLING my sprained shoulder, I’m sharing WritersWeekly’s 2018 Readers’ Favorites a bit early this year.
1. How I Made $10K Last Month Writing and Selling Erotica by Anonymous
2. Find Paying Markets for Writers (our markets search engine)
8. Scaring for Pay: 10 Paying Horror Markets for Writers! – By Alex J. Coyne
11. 17 Paying Christian Markets for Writers By Laura Yeager
12. Writing and Selling Devotionals By Kim Sheard
13. My Child Wrote A Book!!! But, Can We Publish It? by Harvey Randall, Esq.
20. Eight Paying Markets for Historical Fiction By Meredith Allard
21. 8 Paying Spiritual Markets for Writers! by Tatiana Claudy
25. What the Heck Is a Hed/Dek? Learning the Lingo in Periodical Publishing By Janene Mascarella
What was your favorite story in WritersWeekly this year?? Tell us in the comment section below!
- Complaints About Amazon’s CreateSpace (now named KDP Print) – Part V
- Complaints about Specific Publishers
- BOOK MARKETING E-SERIAL PART 1 – Your Book Is Ready to Sell…But DON’T Make This Common Mistake!
- Paying Markets for Writers Database
- MORE Paying Markets for Writers!
Got questions about Print On Demand and Self-publishing? Ask Angela Hoy.
About The Author
Angela Hoy is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the author of 19 books, and the co-owner of BookLocker.com (one of the original POD publishers that still gets books to market in less than a month), PubPreppers.com (print and ebook design for authors who truly want to self-publish), and Abuzz Press (the publishing co-op that charges no setup fees).
Angela lives on a 52' Irwin Center Cockpit Ketch (sailboat) with her family and pets. Keep up with her family's adventurous liveaboard lifestyle at GotNoTanLines.com
WritersWeekly.com - the free marketing ezine for writers, which features new paying markets and freelance job listings every Wednesday.
BookLocker.com - According to attorney Mark Levine, author of The Fine Print, BookLocker is: "As close to perfection as you're going to find in the world of ebook and POD publishing. The ebook royalties are the highest I've ever seen, and the print royalties are better than average. BookLocker understands what new authors experience, and have put together a package that is the best in the business. You can't go wrong here. Plus, they're selective and won't publish any manuscript just because it's accompanied by a check. Also, the web site is well trafficked. If you can find a POD or epublisher with as much integrity and dedication to selling authors' books, but with lower POD publishing fees, please let me know."
Abuzz Press offers FAST and FREE book publication, but only accepts a small percentage of submissions, and only works with U.S. authors.
PubPreppers.com - "We Prep, You Publish!" Print and ebook design for authors who truly want to self-publish. Offers formatting and design services only, and then provides simple instructions for authors on where to sign up to have the print and ebook editions printed/listed/sold. Cut out the middle man. Keep 100% of what bookstores pay for your book!
Angela's POD Secrets Revealed Series can be found HERE.
Have a POD Book with another publisher? See if BookLocker can give you a better deal. (BookLocker offers "disgruntled author discounts" to those who want to move from other POD services.)
See BookLocker's publishing packages HERE.
ANGELA ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/AngelaHoy
BOOKLOCKER ON FACEBOOK - Provides links to free excerpts!
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
Read More Of Angela's Articles HERE
How Many Copies Of Your Book Would You Have To Sell In Order To Break Even?
It's A Dirty Job...Writing Porn For Fun And Profit! Includes Paying Markets!
Fact is, writing porn is fun! It's also one of the easier markets to crack and make money at while you're still honing your skills. "It's A Dirty Job..." is one of the only resources that can teach you everything you need to know to create your stories and target your markets.
Read more here:
It's a Dirty Job