This issue is a bit abbreviated because I took off a long weekend while Richard’s dad and step-mom were here and… now I’m paying the price. I am SO BEHIND! UG!!
Anyway, here’s what I did in the past week:
- Spent five days with two of my favorite people – Richard’s dad and step-mom. They are WILD and FUN!!
- Caught a bunch of fish
- Watched Mason (age 22 months) catch his very first fish, and his second, and his third. (Catch and release only!)
- Made a homemade crab trap for Max (age 6)…and it works! (Also catch and release only!)
- Got a sunburn…on only one side of my face
- Ate at Margaritaville in Key West (Jimmy Buffet was NOT in the house, of course)
- Ate at a bunch of other great restaurants
- Saw a car fire (no injuries, thank goodness)
- Rode on a 125′ schooner at sunset
- Watched Max be terrified of a man covered in gold spray paint
- Saw a dog wearing a bandanna…and a pair of short-shorts
- Saw a man wearing a little bitty, teeny weeny Speedo(R). Rita and I just about died when he ended up standing right next to me… but he was standing and I was sitting. Yeah, you know what happened. I turned to my left and WHAT?! WHOA!! We laughed so hard we cried.
- Toured Ernest Hemingway’s house in Key West (and saw the offspring of his six-toed cats)
- Walked several miles in my sandals, and now have a funny, striped tan on the tops of my feet
- Swam in the ocean
- Visited a facility that allows handicapped children to swim with dolphins. Yes, we swam with them, too, and it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life! It was pretty magical for Max as well!
- Had our photo taken at the southernmost point of the continental U.S., but then learned that wasn’t REALLY the southernmost point of the continental U.S.
- Jumped on a water trampoline
- Got stung by a jellyfish (for the 8th time in my life – they really like me for some reason)
You can read more and see lots of photos here:
If you want to see a subtle side-shot of Mr. Speedo (this is a family-friendly site, after all), click HERE.
This week’s Maxism:
When talking to the dolphin trainer about Richard’s dad, Dale, Max said, “His nickname is Dale but his real name is Grandpa.”
Hugs to all!
BOOK PROPOSALS THAT WORKED! Real Book Proposals That Landed $10K – $100K Publishing Contracts – Want to read real book proposals that landed these contracts? Simon and Schuster – $100,000; Berkeley Books – $25,000; Osborne-McGraw-Hill – $19,500; Random House $15,000; and many more! See a complete list here: https://www.writersweekly.com/books/3332.html
QUERY LETTERS THAT WORKED! Real Queries That Landed $2K+ Writing Assignments – Want to read real query letters that landed these contracts? Woman’s Day – $2,800; Redbook – $3,500; Ladies Home Journal – $3,000; DiscoveryHealth.com – $2,000; Lifetime Magazine – $3,000; Life Extension Magazine – $6,480; Natural Remedies – $11,300; and many more! See: https://www.writersweekly.com/books/1409.html