Our Managing Editor, Brian Whiddon, is sitting in for Angela this week so she can get caught up before Christmas. Thanks, Brian!!
Since the next issue of WritersWeekly will be arriving in your in-box after Christmas, we are sharing our annual Christmas Sing-a-Long song with you this week. We hope you enjoy this poetic masterpiece!
Life on a Dock (Sing to the Tune of Jingle Bell Rock)
WARNING: RATED R
Buoy bells, seaweed smells, life on a dock
Neighbors get drunk before 12 o’clock
Dancing and singing
A cocktail in hand
Playin’ music by a one-hit-wonder band
Buoy bells, bilge sure smells, who moved my lines?
Hurricane season is sure mighty fine
We stock up on water, and bottles of wine
Hey, I made another really cheesy rhyme!
What a bright time, when the neighbors whine
About my loud TV
Don’t they know that
I can hear them
Having sex after arguing?
Giddy up, the wind picked up, close the last port
Check the lines once again
What was that crashing sound?
Where is the flashlight found?
The anchor’s hitting the dock!
Then one night, a neighbor rode, his bike off the dock
We fished him out quick
And, being a dick
He said he was pushed
But we wouldn’t do that
Don’t blame your neighbors if you’re drunk off your *ss.
Bouy bells, ocean swells, no more rat race
I own only five outfits
My debt is erased
Our neighbors are weird
But, I guess we are, too
That’s life on the
That’s life on the
That’s life on the dock!
- “Buoy Bells?!” A Christmas-in-Florida Sing (and Laugh) Along written by the Naughty Elves at WritersWeekly and BookLocker!
- Aaaahhh!!! From Extravagant Spending to a Christmas for Minimalists by Angela Hoy
- “Save the neck for me, Clark!” (and updated pics from my falling-off-the-boat accident)
- Best White Elephant Gift EVER! Plus, the HILARIOUS Saran Wrap Game!
- The P.O.D. of Christmas Past: Self-Publishing in 1843 By Steve Anderson
Angela Hoy lives on a 52' Irwin Center Cockpit Ketch (sailboat) with her family and pets. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, BookLocker.com, and AbuzzPress, and the author of 19 books. Keep up with her family's adventurous liveaboard lifestyle at GotNoTanLines.com.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here:
So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter - How To Make Money Writing Without a Byline
Many freelance writers find it difficult to break into the publishing world. What they don't know, however, is that there's a faster and easier way to see their words in print. It's called ghostwriting, and it's an extremely lucrative, fun, and challenging career.
But how do you get started as a ghostwriter? How do you find new clients who will pay you to write their material? How do you charge? And what kind of contracts do you need to succeed? All these questions and more are answered in So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter...How to Make Money Writing Without a Byline.
Read more here: