Last week, our Managing Editor, Brian Whiddon, told me, “No more storm photos!” However, it was pretty easy for me to change his password today so he couldn’t remove this one. Ha ha ha.
This monster was actually moving away from us, East into Tampa Bay. We were able to sit on the stern (back) of the boat, and watch the almost-continuous lightning. It looked like a cosmic nuke had gone off. It was AWESOME! I might put this up for sale on dreamstime.com.
Last night, one of the boats on our dock got struck by lightning. No injuries and we haven’t heard about any damage. We think the owner was out of town. They obviously have a lightning protection system on board. I just happened to be looking outside when it hit. Man oh man, those lightning bolts look REALLY big when they strike that close! Even though I saw the lightning, the instant thunder aftershock made me jump about a foot off the bed. Then, I had to go change my underwear…
At our BookLocker.com division, we are knee deep in our busy season right now, which always starts during the first week of August. Everybody wants their book published before the Christmas shopping season begins and we get a book to market within a month! 🙂
If my missives over the next two months are a bit shorter, I apologize. I promise not to post too many storm photos but, if a hurricane comes (knock on teak!), I will post pictures of that. If it’s a small one, we’ll stick around. If it’s big, we’re outta here! Don’t worry. We have excellent insurance and our servers are located in Virginia, FAR away from the hurricane zone.
Back to my HUGE virtual pile of work! 😉
- Extreme Excitement and Fear! How We Fared in Hurricane Irma!! (Includes several photos)
- How We Prepare The “Home Office For HURRICANES!
- Hurricane Michael: Boots on the Ground in the Aftermath – by Brian P. Whiddon
- MENACING MICHAEL! See Our Hurricane Pics and Videos
- When Living on a Boat, Hurricane Season Has an ENTIRELY Different Meaning
Angela Hoy lives on a 52' Irwin Center Cockpit Ketch (sailboat) with her family and pets. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, BookLocker.com, and AbuzzPress, and the author of 19 books. Keep up with her family's adventurous liveaboard lifestyle at GotNoTanLines.com.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: