Readers’ Comments about: Ebook Sales Continue Their Downward Spiral – Is Anyone Really Surprised
Hmm… and just when I was going to write an article, “I’m so surprised to see how well my ebook sales have taken off,” after I raged the whole ebooks concept, in general.
I spend far too much time reading text on a computer screen for work to want to read more of it from a pleasure book. Frankly, when I travel by air, I almost never see an E-reader in anyone’s lap — I see both hard copy and paperback books.
I personally don’t have an E-reader and have no plans to get one, but ‘young people’ seem to have a lot of these devices. I have also seen people reading books on their phones — talk about eye-strain!
As for two of my Ebooks versions of the paperback (Highlander Imagine: For Love’s Sake; & Code Name: Immortal), I have definitely seen more sales then ever expected (several hundred dollars worth in fact!). Paperbacks sell, too, but I have noticed that France, Brazil, and Japan love Ebooks.
Oh well — no matter the format, I say keep on selling.
I agree. I stare at a screen all day long and the last thing I want to do when I get off work at 10:00 p.m. (I really do work that late most nights) is look at yet another screen. 😉
And, it’s always a good idea for authors to offer their books in print and electronic formats to entice the greatest number of readers, regardless of their reading preference.
Angela Hoy, Publisher
Since I only buy paper books, I had no idea that’s how gifting ebooks works on Amazon. I will tweet this information to share with other “not-in-the-know’ authors. Thank you for always teaching me something new.
Bridge of Sighs and Dreams
Two women clash in World War 2 Nazi-occupied Rome.
I agree with you one hundred percent. I had a feeling ebooks wouldn’t make the grade. I love a book in my hands to read. There is just something about a book and the six senses, as you have said!
– Victoria Malyurek
I Remember Mama
The one time I’ve found my Kindle really useful is when eating (we tend to use both hands for wielding a knife and fork here in the UK, so there isn’t a free one for holding a book open). A paperback always tries to close on me however many salt cellars and ketchup bottles I use to hold it open. I suspect the number of books available in such a small package will also be a bonus on my long haul flight to New Zealand in a couple of months.
Other than that, I prefer paper.
- Authors Beware! “Gifting” Your Kindle E-Books May BACKFIRE!
- CHANGING TIDE! Print Book Sales Increase While Ebook Sales Continue to Decline
- The Ebook Trend is Definitely WANING! NOW WHAT?!
- Why You Should Publish Your Print and Ebook Editions AT THE SAME TIME!
- Three Times More People Prefer Print Books to Ebooks
- 75% of Americans DON’T Own Ebook Readers – Are you ignoring 75% of the book buying market?!
- Ebook Conversion Services – You Get What You Pay For…Sometimes!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: