I’d been reading the headlines but I hadn’t been paying much attention. However, on what I think was the fourth day when Johnny Depp was testifying, on a whim, I clicked on the “Live” button in the YouTube app on my iPad. I was sitting here working but the words being said on the stand were so salacious, and so jaw-dropping, that I found myself watching more than working. Not good. But, I couldn’t stop!
That night, I made sure to plug in my iPad so it would be 100% charged by morning. And, the next morning, at 10:00 a.m. on the nose, I turned it on again. And, it just kept getting better!!
The best clip this week, by far, was from an employee at the condo who clearly did NOT want to be deposed. He was sitting in his car, which was bizarre. (It was, obviously, a recorded deposition that was done several months ago). The recorded ones are nice because all of the “objections” and other time-wasting things have been removed.
Anyway, this guy clearly did not want to be there. I would definitely call him a hostile witness. Then, all of the sudden, he fired up his vape. And, then he started driving his car – while still testifying! Some smart person online noticed he never put his seatbelt on.
Don’t believe me? Have yourself a good chuckle RIGHT HERE.
Don’t miss the judge’s reaction at the end. Go all the way to the end to hear what she says after the jury leaves the courtroom. The entire video is only three minutes long.
That’s just one tidbit from the trial that I watched this week. There were many more wide-eyeball moments as well. It starts back on Monday and you can bet that me and my 100%-charged iPad will be waiting!!
- Can I Quote This Celebrity?
- PUBLIC FIGURES AND LIBEL: “I want to write a tell-all book about a celebrity I once knew. Can a public figure sue me?”
- Should I Contribute To This Celebrity’s Book?
- Getting a Celebrity Interview or (Pardon Me, But I Believe You Dropped This Name) By David William Cabrera
- “I wrote a fiction series about dead celebrities. I can’t get sued, right?”
Read More News From The Home Office
Angela Hoy lives on a mountain in North Georgia. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the President and CEO of BookLocker.com and AbuzzPress, and the author of 24 books.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here:
I’m too busy writing my next novel. Aaaah!
Omg i got sucked into the trial one afternoon too!