I just don’t see how you divide up your time, or how you get it all done. I’ve got six traditionally published nonfiction books out, and I can hardly keep up with the secretarial work of presentations, publicity, a blog and signings. I took a year off to write a novel.
Interesting take. I am just starting out – a veritable newbie. As I peruse the many and varied writing sites I, again, realize how daunting the idea of being a legit writer is. But, because the prospects and opportunities are seemingly limitless I figure there has to be room for me somewhere. And enough room where I can grow and thrive. The trick from my little starting line is finding the “somewhere” out there. Let the adventure begin.
– Michael McKearney
I enjoyed your article, especially that word solo…but I’ll stick to the easy road – Sell my first best seller, then publish the four other books I have waiting – one of them at least will make a great movie – and bask in the sunshine with my fiance whom I will marry if she’ll have me!
– Peter Garland
- QUERY LETTERS THAT WORKED! Real Queries That Landed $2K+ Writing Assignments
- Writing and Editing for the Legal Profession
- Freelance Editing for Corporate Customers?
- Writing or Editing for Non-Profits: When to Say NO!
- AFTER THE LEAP: 10 Ideas For The New Full-Time Writer
90+ DAYS OF PROMOTING YOUR BOOK ONLINE: Your Book's Daily Marketing Plan by Angela Hoy and Richard Hoy
Promoting your book online should be considered at least a part-time job. Highly successful authors spend more time promoting a book than they do writing it - a lot more.
We know what you're thinking. You're an author, not a marketer. Not to worry! We have more than a decade of successful online book selling experience under our belts
and we're going to teach you how to promote your book effectively online...and almost all of our techniques are FREE!
Online book promotion is not only simple but, if you have a step-by-step, day-to-day marketing plan (this book!), it can also be a very artistic endeavor,
which makes it fun for creative folks like you!
Yes, online book promoting can be EASY and FUN! Let us show you how, from Day 1 through Day 90...and beyond!
- Do you want to REALLY keep 100% of your royalties?
- Do you want to REALLY self-publish your book?
- Do you want direct contracts with the world's largest Print on Demand printer as well as Ingram, the worldís largest book distributor, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, and any other ebook retailer you choose?
All at a price LOWER than most POD publishers!