Can you please help me (bleep) in all the (bleep) desires and fantasy category? I’m a terrific writer who is just (bleep) out of her shell. So I want to write books magazines brochures. Will you publish my (bleep) book that makes you want to (bleep) I just want to put everything everyone is thinking and afraid to do in the world.
Email deleted – with no response, of course.
Writers and authors must be professional in ALL of their correspondence. While her readers may be looking for something naughty, an individual’s potential business partners are NOT. I have never been so offended by an email from a writer. EVER.
- Bigots Need Not Apply! 9 Offensive Ways To Lose A Publishing Contract
- World’s Worst Query Letters and Book Proposals
- “I found a really cheap overseas book editor but I’m suspicious of the price…and their unprofessional website.”
- DON’T BECOME ANOTHER VICTIM! When Amateur, Start-up POD Publishers Take Your Money…and Go Out of Business By Angela Hoy
- How to Lose Ongoing Freelance Work with Just One Snippy Email
QUERY LETTERS THAT WORKED! Real Queries That Landed $2K+ Writing Assignments
Peek over the shoulders of highly successful freelance writers to see how they earn thousands per article! The query letter is the key!
In these pages, you'll find real query letters that landed real assignments for national magazines, websites, and corporations.
- Abbi Perrets' form letter that brings in $30,000-$45,000 annually
- Sample phone query from Christine Greeley
- The Six Golden Rules of Queries and Submissions...and How I Broke Them! by Bob Freiday
- Your Rights As a "Freelancer"
- and ANGELA HOY'S SECRET for finding ongoing freelance work from companies that have a stable of freelancers, yet never run ads for them!
The Art and Craft of Writing and Editing
Writing is a constant dialogue between author and reader.
The craft of writing involves an interchange of emotions between an author and a reader. An author creates a story line, conflict, and characters, gives his characters words to speak, and then hands off these materials to a reader. This process results in a constant dialogue between the mental imagery produced by a reader and that proposed by the author.
Read more here: