What do you recommend for authors when they are creating a marketing website-their name or the name of the book, or something else?
I recommend using your name so you can use the website to promote future books as well. Think about it. Imagine needing to create a brand new website for each book you publish. That would be a huge pain. It’s a much better idea to create an author website, and then create pages on that site to promote each of your books.
- FEEDING ON YOUR VANITY – OR IGNORANCE – HOT AIR ON PUBLISHERS’ WEBSITES IS INSULTING!
- My Websites Were Earnings Thousands Per Month, Until…By Steve Gillman
- Should Writers/Journalists Let Facebook Host Their Websites and Newsletters? No. Here’s Why.
- “Can I copy keywords and phrases from other websites?”
- Why I Don’t Post My Rates on My Website By Kathleen Krueger
- 55 Dos and Don’ts of Book Selling Has Been Published! – Get Your FREE Copy TODAY!!
Read More "Ask The Expert" Articles
33 Worst Mistakes Writers Make About Blind Characters
I admire any writer who wants to tackle a blind character. But so many writers take up this challenge and FAIL. They research blindness by reading other fiction books, by observing their blind colleagues and acquaintances, and by tying on a blindfold and pretending to be blind themselves.
I understand the challenges your characters face, their triumphs, their hopes and their fears, because I've lived them. I work with people who have varying degrees of blindness every day, so I've seen every challenge, every situation you could imagine.
Let me share my knowledge to improve your writing. You can create blind characters that readers will fall in love with.
Writing FAST: How to Write Anything with Lightning Speed
A systematic approach to writing that generates better quality quickly!
Chock full of ideas, tips, techniques and inspiration, this down-to-earth book is easy to read, and even easier to apply. Let author Jeff Bollow take you through a process that brings your ideas to the page faster, more powerfully and easier than ever before.
Read more here:
IMHO it is better to both and cross link them. Add a new website for each new book, and off course cross link all of them.