It’s been pretty quiet at the floating home office ever since the annual Grand Prix left town. However, all of our seaside solitude came to a screaming halt this week when American Stage came to town.
Each year, in the marina park, trucks show up with mounds of equipment. Seemingly out of nowhere, an entire Broadway-type stage is erected, along with tables, chairs, tents, and more. And, each year, it’s a different performance but the headaches for marina residents remain the same.
Marina parking is a bit limited on quiet days. But, when the play comes to town, it can get packed. And, while people watching the play aren’t supposed to park in designated marina parking spaces, many do, taking the risk of getting a $15 parking ticket. We have special placards to put in our cars so we can bypass the police who are blocking off the entrance. I have no idea how those other cars are getting into the marina…but they are!
And, while I’m all for culture and clean-cut entertainment, trying to sleep when there is VERY LOUD music and singing blasted through microphones is difficult, to say the least. And, it lasts for three weeks.
This year, they’re performing The Producers. Each night, we hear the same song we heard the night before, and the night before that, and the night before hat. I swear…if I have to listen to Springtime for Hitler one more time, I going to lose it!
Jump on board with the Hoy Family as they move their children, pets, and business onto a 52-foot sailboat!
- Waterspout Last Sunday!
- When Your Floating Home…is NOT Floating!
- Naughty Nautical Terms!
- A Funnel Cloud Overhead!
- More News From the Home Office!
Angela Hoy lives on a 52' Irwin Center Cockpit Ketch (sailboat) with her family and pets. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, BookLocker.com, and AbuzzPress, and the author of 19 books. Keep up with her family's adventurous liveaboard lifestyle at GotNoTanLines.com.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
QUERY LETTERS THAT WORKED! Real Queries That Landed $2K+ Writing Assignments
Peek over the shoulders of highly successful freelance writers to see how they earn thousands per article! The query letter is the key!
In these pages, you'll find real query letters that landed real assignments for national magazines, websites, and corporations.
- Abbi Perrets' form letter that brings in $30,000-$45,000 annually
- Sample phone query from Christine Greeley
- The Six Golden Rules of Queries and Submissions...and How I Broke Them! by Bob Freiday
- Your Rights As a "Freelancer"
- and ANGELA HOY'S SECRET for finding ongoing freelance work from companies that have a stable of freelancers, yet never run ads for them!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: