I cancelled my contract with Xlibris. Prior to that, Xlibris uploaded the cover of my book and I’m assuming its catalog to Amazon. I would like to make changes to my book and put it back out in a different format, but not with Xlibris. However Amazon now shows my book as available on-line, as it also does through Good Reads. I contacted Amazon and its representatives were unwilling–a couple years back—to take it off.
Do you have any suggestions ?
Amazon does not remove old book pages because they allow people to sell used copies on those pages.
For your new edition, I recommend using a different cover and, if possible, a different title so people won’t get confused about which one to buy when the new one is released.
- MORE COMPLAINTS about AuthorHouse! (which is owned by the same company at Xlibris!)
- Lots of Imprints and Lots of Complaints! Could You Unwittingly Crawl into Bed with Author Solutions?
- Complaints about AuthorHouse, Complaints about Xlibris, Complaints about iUniverse, Complaints about Trafford, etc., etc. – Angela Hoy
- Employees (Allegedly) Reveal Behind-the-Scenes Info. about CreateSpace, Xlibris, Author Solutions, Infinity Publishing, Lulu, and Outskirts Press
- Uh Oh! What are the Employees of Author Solutions Saying Since the Firm was Sold?! (a.k.a. AuthorHouse, iUniverse, Xlibris, Trafford, etc.)
7.625 STRATEGIES IN EVERY BEST-SELLER - Revised and Expanded Edition
At this moment, thousands of would-be authors are slaving away on their keyboards, dreaming of literary success. But their efforts won’t count for much. Of all those manuscripts, trade book editors will sign up only a slim fraction.
And of those titles--ones that that editors paid thousands of dollars to contract, print and publicize--an unhealthy percentage never sell enough copies to earn back their advances. Two years later, most will be out of print!
Acquisition Editor Tam Mossman shares seven essentials every book needs to stay in print, and sell!
Read more here: