I stopped measuring the large, gelatinized blood clot in my upper thigh daily because I wasn’t seeing any noticeable results. I started doing it every three weeks instead. And, for my own sanity, thank goodness I did. I measured it yesterday and it’s down to 3 inches x 3 inches. It was 3 1/2 x 3 3/4 about 3 weeks ago. I’m sooooo very happy I won’t have to go under the knife to remove it!
There’s still a lot of swelling so my leg still resembles something out of a horror movie. It’s noticeable under my dress and I couldn’t wear jeans right now if I tried. The boys are going ice skating tonight but I can only watch because, if I fell on it, it could break apart and the results could be very, very bad.
Whenever I see someone on the dock, they want to look at it so I’ve spent more time raising my skirt in the past nine weeks than I care to admit. One dock neighbor in particular always wants to touch it. She’s a hoot! It feels like a hard, rubbery pancake…hence the nickname.
Lots of people have asked me about my New Year’s Resolutions. Here they are:
- Write more books
- Read more books
- Stick with my promotion schedule for our books and publishing services
- Stop reading political articles
- Spend more time with family
- Stop letting myself get pulled into other people’s drama (I sincerely wish I was a hermit living in the woods sometimes.)
- Stop eating sugar
I think I have a pretty good shot at meeting all of my resolutions…except for that last one. 😉
Happy New Year, everybody!
LOOK! I HAVE 2 KNEES ON ONE LEG!! My First Major Liveaboard Accident… (includes grotesque pics!)
Angela Hoy lives in St. Petersburg, Florida. She is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the President and CEO of BookLocker.com and AbuzzPress, and the author of 24 books.
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: