I’m sorry that I missed your sale last week. If I sign up at BookLocker today, can you still get my book on the market by Christmas?
Many authors who want their book published by Christmas start contacting us in August. We usually get a book to market within a month. Those books are published in September and buyers have plenty of time to order and receive those copies for Christmas presents.
We have a two-week expedited publishing option that costs more. That means two weeks after you send your final file to us. Let’s say you respond very quickly to all of our communications. It’s possible that we’d have your print galley (the first printed, bound copy of your book) in your hands before Christmas. However, since it’s the printer’s busiest time of the year, they have a backlog so any additional copies you order probably would not arrive on time. You can order more than one print galley (those are printed quickly, and shipped 2nd day air) but they are very expensive ($50 each).
- BookLocker’s Publishing Packages and Prices
- SELF-PUBLISHING CONTRACT FINE PRINT EXPOSED: Who Can Keep Selling Your Book For A YEAR After Termination?
- The P.O.D. of Christmas Past: Self-Publishing in 1843 By Steve Anderson
- How to Enjoy the Christmas Break (and all major holidays) as a Freelance Writer – by Charlotte Grainger
- “Can you publish my book, and get me copies by Christmas, which is NEXT WEEK?”
HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK?
a self-publishing services company that has been in business since 1998. Ask her anything.