I’ve been reading that Netflix is the way to go with getting a movie made from a book now. My book could even be a series. It’s action-packed and would look great on the screen. Should I mail them a copy of my book with a pitch letter?
You’re going to be very disappointed. You can read a detailed answer RIGHT HERE and I couldn’t have said it better myself.
I do know an author whose mini-series is being filmed now, and will be on Netflix. The process was very time-consuming, and very expensive. Luckily, he found investors. Unfortunately, simply sending your book to Netflix is not how it works.
- Your Book As a Movie? Watch Out for Snake Oil Salesmen!
- How to Create a Movie Script from a Book – By Linda Gray
- HOW MY BOOK BECAME A LIFETIME MOVIE! The Secret S*x Life of a Single Mom By Delaine Moore
- How My Novel Became A Movie! By Dvora Waysman
- “A marketing company says my book was ‘endorsed’ by movie producers but they want $5K! Is this too good to be true?”
90+ DAYS OF PROMOTING YOUR BOOK ONLINE: Your Book's Daily Marketing Plan by Angela Hoy and Richard Hoy
Promoting your book online should be considered at least a part-time job. Highly successful authors spend more time promoting a book than they do writing it - a lot more.
We know what you're thinking. You're an author, not a marketer. Not to worry! We have more than a decade of successful online book selling experience under our belts
and we're going to teach you how to promote your book effectively online...and almost all of our techniques are FREE!
Online book promotion is not only simple but, if you have a step-by-step, day-to-day marketing plan (this book!), it can also be a very artistic endeavor,
which makes it fun for creative folks like you!
Yes, online book promoting can be EASY and FUN! Let us show you how, from Day 1 through Day 90...and beyond!
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: