Good evening Angela,
I am the creator of (name removed), a series of coloring books. I am also studying to become a children’s book illustrator. My series, therapeutic in nature, will include 100 different coloring books, and is aimed at a specific audience.
The reason I am contacting you is I have been on the Quora website and your name was mentioned as the perfect person to contact for a little bit of advice.
I am struggling with knowing whether I should send my 100 coloring books project to a traditional publisher, or to stay with the POD/Self Publishing route, which I am on now.
How do I know if my book is good enough?
If you self-publish 100 books, that’s going to be an expensive endeavor. I reviewed your information and you really do have a good idea. For a series of books like that, I recommend you try to land a traditional contract. However, it’ll be easier to do that if you can prove high sales of your first few self-published editions.
Be very careful, though, when approaching so-called traditional publishers. See:
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
Write It and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here:
So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter - How To Make Money Writing Without a Byline
Many freelance writers find it difficult to break into the publishing world. What they don't know, however, is that there's a faster and easier way to see their words in print. It's called ghostwriting, and it's an extremely lucrative, fun, and challenging career.
But how do you get started as a ghostwriter? How do you find new clients who will pay you to write their material? How do you charge? And what kind of contracts do you need to succeed? All these questions and more are answered in So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter...How to Make Money Writing Without a Byline.
Read more here:
QUERY LETTERS THAT WORKED! Real Queries That Landed $2K+ Writing Assignments
Peek over the shoulders of highly successful freelance writers to see how they earn thousands per article! The query letter is the key!
In these pages, you'll find real query letters that landed real assignments for national magazines, websites, and corporations.
- Abbi Perrets' form letter that brings in $30,000-$45,000 annually
- Sample phone query from Christine Greeley
- The Six Golden Rules of Queries and Submissions...and How I Broke Them! by Bob Freiday
- Your Rights As a "Freelancer"
- and ANGELA HOY'S SECRET for finding ongoing freelance work from companies that have a stable of freelancers, yet never run ads for them!