I am considering self-publishing my book but isn’t it true that all the industry insiders regard self-publishing as “cheating?”
Self-publishing is not “cheating.” It’s for authors who don’t want to wait years for their books to be considered, accepted, and published. And, many self-published authors have gone on to land traditional contracts after their self-published titles sold well.
In addition, many authors earn more through self-publishing than their traditionally-published counterparts. I, myself, have made thousands more selling my own books than I did through a traditional contract I landed years ago.
The Cold, Hard, Ugly Facts about Traditional Publishing…and Why You Might Want to Avoid It Altogether
7 BENEFITS of Self-Publishing! (And, reasons you may want to avoid the traditional route)
- “Should I Self-Publish or Hold Out for a Traditional Contract?”
- When Traditional Publishers Become Vanity Publishers
- Are Traditional Publishers Getting Kick-Backs, Err… Commissions, from Some POD Publishers?
- “I Just Landed a Traditional Contract…Or Did I?”
- Authors Who Avoid Traditional Publishers By Angela Hoy
- Can Self-Published Authors Land Traditional Contracts? Heck, Yeah! By Angela Hoy
Read More "Ask The Expert" Articles