We had our book published by (name removed). One of their persons states he is a literary agent. Supposedly, a person representing (a major movie studio) called us and asked us to produce a resume, proof of ownership, and a ‘film license.’ Now, we are being asked by the literary agent to give him money for this ‘film acquisition license.” Is this normal?
You did not receive a call from a major movie studio. The caller and the so-called literary agent are running a scam. Run, run, run as fast as you can away from that publisher.
I know it’s tempting. Like a lottery ticket…except FAR more expensive in the end! You WILL throw away thousands of dollars if you fall for this scam.
And, when any author is looking for a publisher, he or she should avoid, at all costs, doing any business with any publisher (or anyone at all) who claims they will turn your book into a movie for a fee.
READ MY LIPS. IT’S A SCAM!
- Your Book As a Movie? Watch Out for Snake Oil Salesmen!
- Is That Movie/TV Show “Substantially Similar” to Your Book…or Not? – by Harvey Randall, Esq.
- How to Create a Movie Script from a Book – By Linda Gray
- SCAM ALERT: No, Netflix did NOT just email you about turning your book into a movie!
- Email From “Major Movie Studio” Didn’t Fool THIS Author!
90+ DAYS OF PROMOTING YOUR BOOK ONLINE: Your Book's Daily Marketing Plan by Angela Hoy and Richard Hoy
Promoting your book online should be considered at least a part-time job. Highly successful authors spend more time promoting a book than they do writing it - a lot more.
We know what you're thinking. You're an author, not a marketer. Not to worry! We have more than a decade of successful online book selling experience under our belts and we're going to teach you how to promote your book effectively online...and almost all of our techniques are FREE!
Online book promotion is not only simple but, if you have a step-by-step, day-to-day marketing plan (this book!), it can also be a very artistic endeavor, which makes it fun for creative folks like you!
Yes, online book promoting can be EASY and FUN! Let us show you how, from Day 1 through Day 90...and beyond!
How Many Copies Of Your Book Would You Have To Sell In Order To Break Even?
The Fearless Freelancer: How to Thrive in a Recession
Want to Recession-Proof Your Freelance Business?
Freelancing in a recession doesn’t have to be scary. The Fearless Freelancer gives you a proven, step-by-step process for getting steady, high-paying clients—from a freelancer who’s thrived during two recessions.
Whether this is your first recession or you’ve been through this before, discover how to:
- Boost your confidence so you can stay calm and focus
- Stand out in a sea of freelancers so clients choose you
- Make freelance marketing as easy as tying your shoes
- Find high-paying clients that still need freelancers now
- Create marketing that will attract those clients
- Succeed in a recession even if you’re a new freelancer
Free Bonus Content
Also get dozens of checklists, templates, and other tools to help you recession-proof your freelance business, including:
- Simple Strategic Plan for Surviving the Recession
- The Ultimate LinkedIn Profile Checklist for Freelancers
- Awesome Freelance Website Template