THIS SATURDAY, January 12, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time, is start-time for the WritersWeekly.com Winter, 2019 24-Hour Short Story Contest! It’s your last chance to sign up. What will the topic be??? See the link below all past topics and winning stories. Only 500 participants are allowed per contest so don’t delay if you wanna play!
The winter contest always has a chilly theme (literally) with a beautiful, snow-covered landscape. Of
course, we can’t share the rest of the topic for the Winter contest with you until Saturday!
Sign up right here: https://www.24HourShortStoryContest.com
- A dangerous curved and icy road with high snow banks
- A train barreling down the tracks in a prairie blizzard
- A woman dragging a mysterious, heavy item through snow drifts
- A mysterious, staring gentleman drinking hot chocolate across the room in a ski lodge
- A town preacher in an embarrassing conversation with a local lady
- A mysterious vase of living flowers on a frozen front porch
- A young woman clawing at something under the ice on a frozen lake
Those are just a FEW of the many winter contest topics participants have had fun tackling in the past!
COME JOIN US RIGHT HERE ON SATURDAY! It’s a blast! 🙂
1st Place $300 + a Book Publishing Package from BookLocker.com! (Value: $875)
2nd Place: $250
3rd Place: $200
+ 85 other prizes!
- 24-Hour Short Story Contest Rules
- Past 1st Place Stories
- All Past Winning Stories
- All Past Topics
- Enter the contest!
- Topic, Common Themes, and Winners of the WritersWeekly.com Fall, 2018 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
- Topic, Common Themes, and Winners of the WritersWeekly.com Summer, 2018 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
- Topic, Common Themes, and Winners of the WritersWeekly.com Winter, 2018 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
- Topic, Common Themes, and Winners of the WritersWeekly.com Fall, 2017 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
- Topic, Common Themes, and Winners of the WritersWeekly.com Summer, 2017 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
- Topic, Common Themes, and Winners of the WritersWeekly.com Spring, 2017 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
- Topic, Common Themes, and Winners of the WritersWeekly.com Winter, 2017 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
Got questions about Print On Demand and Self-publishing? Ask Angela Hoy.
About The Author
Angela Hoy is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the author of 19 books, and the co-owner of BookLocker.com (one of the original POD publishers that still gets books to market in less than a month), PubPreppers.com (print and ebook design for authors who truly want to self-publish), and Abuzz Press (the publishing co-op that charges no setup fees).
Angela lives on a 52' Irwin Center Cockpit Ketch (sailboat) with her family and pets. Keep up with her family's adventurous liveaboard lifestyle at GotNoTanLines.com
WritersWeekly.com - the free marketing ezine for writers, which features new paying markets and freelance job listings every Wednesday.
BookLocker.com - According to attorney Mark Levine, author of The Fine Print, BookLocker is: "As close to perfection as you're going to find in the world of ebook and POD publishing. The ebook royalties are the highest I've ever seen, and the print royalties are better than average. BookLocker understands what new authors experience, and have put together a package that is the best in the business. You can't go wrong here. Plus, they're selective and won't publish any manuscript just because it's accompanied by a check. Also, the web site is well trafficked. If you can find a POD or epublisher with as much integrity and dedication to selling authors' books, but with lower POD publishing fees, please let me know."
Abuzz Press offers FAST and FREE book publication, but only accepts a small percentage of submissions, and only works with U.S. authors.
PubPreppers.com - "We Prep, You Publish!" Print and ebook design for authors who truly want to self-publish. Offers formatting and design services only, and then provides simple instructions for authors on where to sign up to have the print and ebook editions printed/listed/sold. Cut out the middle man. Keep 100% of what bookstores pay for your book!
Angela's POD Secrets Revealed Series can be found HERE.
Have a POD Book with another publisher? See if BookLocker can give you a better deal. (BookLocker offers "disgruntled author discounts" to those who want to move from other POD services.)
See BookLocker's publishing packages HERE.
ANGELA ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/AngelaHoy
BOOKLOCKER ON FACEBOOK - Provides links to free excerpts!
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
Read More Of Angela's Articles HERE
So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter - How To Make Money Writing Without a Byline
Many freelance writers find it difficult to break into the publishing world. What they don't know, however, is that there's a faster and easier way to see their words in print. It's called ghostwriting, and it's an extremely lucrative, fun, and challenging career.
But how do you get started as a ghostwriter? How do you find new clients who will pay you to write their material? How do you charge? And what kind of contracts do you need to succeed? All these questions and more are answered in So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter...How to Make Money Writing Without a Byline.
Read more here:
Writing FAST: How to Write Anything with Lightning Speed
A systematic approach to writing that generates better quality quickly!
Chock full of ideas, tips, techniques and inspiration, this down-to-earth book is easy to read, and even easier to apply. Let author Jeff Bollow take you through a process that brings your ideas to the page faster, more powerfully and easier than ever before.
Read more here: