My book is print on demand and I recently revised the interior and the cover. It’s now for sale once again. Since I only made a few minor changes, I opted not to change the ISBN, nor to label is at “second edition.”
I just hired a publicist to try to promote my book. Here is my big problem. Somebody ordered the book and they got the first edition with the old cover. Why? And, how can I stop Amazon from selling copies of the previous version?
If Amazon (or any retailer) already has a copy of your book on their shelves, they can legally sell it because they already purchased it.
For authors in these circumstances, I recommend finding out how many copies Amazon still has, and ordering them yourself to get those off the market. It’s usually just a handful of copies.
If you’re having a hard time finding the original listing on Amazon, search for just the ISBN. That usually works.
Have a question about writing or publishing? Ask Angela.
- “Amazon Won’t Remove My Book! Are They Violating My Copyright?”
- Does Amazon Remove Old Book Listings? No!
- CREATESPACE COMPLAINTS – PART IV
- 90+ Unsolicited Testimonials from BookLocker Authors!
- Is Amazon REALLY Giving Authors Accurate Sales Numbers?? Read This!
- More Q&A with Angela!
So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter - How To Make Money Writing Without a Byline
Many freelance writers find it difficult to break into the publishing world. What they don't know, however, is that there's a faster and easier way to see their words in print. It's called ghostwriting, and it's an extremely lucrative, fun, and challenging career.
But how do you get started as a ghostwriter? How do you find new clients who will pay you to write their material? How do you charge? And what kind of contracts do you need to succeed? All these questions and more are answered in So, You Wanna Be a Ghostwriter...How to Make Money Writing Without a Byline.
Read more here:
- Want to REALLY keep 100% of your royalties?
- Want to REALLY self-publish your book?
- Want direct contracts with the world's largest Print on Demand printer as well as Ingram, the worldís largest book distributor, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, and any other ebook retailer you choose?
All at a price LOWER than most POD publishers!