“My ex-editor put her name on my book, and listed it for sale on Amazon! I keep contacting Amazon’s
Author Central and they won’t do anything about it! What can I do?”
Contacting Amazon’s Author Central department won’t work. Those folks may be located overseas, and appear to be trained to send stock answers back to authors. And, those answers are often unhelpful, and may even be unrelated to your request. Heck, sometimes I wonder if they just have bots sending automated responses.
However, if you contact the correct department at Amazon, they will likely quickly remove the offending material. If a merchant is alerted to illegal activity, and they do nothing to stop it, they can be sued later by the victim. Amazon knows this.
Use THIS FORM to notify Amazon of copyright and/or trademark infringement on their website.
Have a question about writing or publishing? Ask Angela.
- “Amazon Won’t Remove My Out-of-Print Book! Are They Violating My Copyright?”
- Does Amazon Remove Old Book Listings? No!
- CREATESPACE COMPLAINTS – PART IV
- 90+ Unsolicited Testimonials from BookLocker Authors!
- Is Amazon REALLY Giving Authors Accurate Sales Numbers?? Read This!
- More Q&A with Angela!
Get 10% off "Query Letters That Worked" when you use the code below at checkout!
Writing FAST: How to Write Anything with Lightning Speed
A systematic approach to writing that generates better quality quickly!
Chock full of ideas, tips, techniques and inspiration, this down-to-earth book is easy to read, and even easier to apply. Let author Jeff Bollow take you through a process that brings your ideas to the page faster, more powerfully and easier than ever before.
Read more here:
- Do you want to REALLY keep 100% of your royalties?
- Do you want to REALLY self-publish your book?
- Do you want direct contracts with the world's largest Print on Demand printer as well as Ingram, the world's largest book distributor, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, and any other ebook retailer you choose?
All at a price LOWER than most POD publishers!