THE FALL, 2021 24-HOUR SHORT STORY CONTEST WILL BE ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2021! Our fall contest is the most popular one each year. Only 500 participants permitted so DON’T DELAY IF YOU WANT TO PLAY!!
I get less than $50 per year for royalties. I know my book is selling because people tell me how good it is. I think my publisher is ripping me off. How can I find out?
I’m going to be completely honest with you so you should probably sit down before you read this. Remember…you asked.
I found your book on Amazon. It’s doubtful your publisher is ripping you off. It’s far more likely that your friends and family are lying to you about buying your book.
1. Your cover design is really, really bad. It is extremely simplistic and unprofessional.
2. Your book description on Amazon is full of grammatical and punctuation errors. The description is so bad that I can’t even understand what your book is about.
3. I clicked on the “inside the book” option on Amazon and the very first paragraph (a short one) has 9 errors in it.
Anyone reading the description or excerpt will not want to buy the book. Authors should always hire a professional editor.
Your book was published by one of the author meat markets so it’s not surprising that they put your book on the market as-is. They don’t care about putting bad books up for sale and they don’t care if any copies sell or not because they’ve already fleeced the author for thousands up-front. And, they clearly don’t care about their own reputation…nor yours.
I recommend pulling your book from the market, having it professionally edited, renaming it, and having a new (professional) cover designed. If you are serious about becoming an author, you need to completely disassociate yourself from the first edition. Heck, I would even write under a pseudonym from now on because the old description and excerpt from your first book will be searchable online probably for eternity. Yes, that’s how bad it is.
Any author who contacts me should expect honesty. I’m not here to soothe egos. I’m here to help authors sell more books.
- Brutal Honesty, Because You Asked! Why YOUR Book Isn’t Selling – by Angela Hoy
- How To EASILY Get Awesome and Honest Book Reviews That REALLY Carry Weight With Readers!
- Being Honest About a Project’s Commercial Potential By Rich Mintzer
- Complaints about Specific Publishers
- Professional Freelance Editors That Provide Free Quotes
90+ DAYS OF PROMOTING YOUR BOOK ONLINE: Your Book's Daily Marketing Plan by Angela Hoy and Richard Hoy
Promoting your book online should be considered at least a part-time job. Highly successful authors spend more time promoting a book than they do writing it - a lot more.
We know what you're thinking. You're an author, not a marketer. Not to worry! We have more than a decade of successful online book selling experience under our belts
and we're going to teach you how to promote your book effectively online...and almost all of our techniques are FREE!
Online book promotion is not only simple but, if you have a step-by-step, day-to-day marketing plan (this book!), it can also be a very artistic endeavor,
which makes it fun for creative folks like you!
Yes, online book promoting can be EASY and FUN! Let us show you how, from Day 1 through Day 90...and beyond!
Make Sure Your Marketing is Targeted at the Right Audience