I ordered a copy of my own print on demand book from Amazon. I was then shocked to receive an email from Amazon saying they couldn’t obtain my book. And, they cancelled my order! It’s print on demand for crying out loud! Amazon sells other books by my publisher and Ingram ships those books to Amazon! What can I do?!
Amazon was doing this same thing about a year ago. I’m not sure exactly what happened with their system but it did get fixed back then. There is, apparently, another problem now because we are receiving reports of this happening once again. You need to immediately contact your publisher, and telling them to tell Ingram to “open a ticket with Amazon.” They will contact Ingram, which will contact Amazon. For better service, have a copy of the email that Amazon sent to you or your customer AND have the Amazon order number.
You should also read this:
- IS THIS EVEN LEGAL?! Amazon is Giving Their Main “Buy Buttons” to Book Depository, Which AMAZON Owns AND They Are Inflating Those Book Prices!
- “My book is on Amazon so it MUST be selling, right?” NOPE! Here’s why…
- “Amazon has deleted verified reviews from my book page! What can I do?”
- Categories and Keywords Can MAKE or BREAK Book Sales! How do you know if you are using the right ones?
- How I Got Amazon to Remove a Negative Review About My Book! – by Geri Spieler
90+ DAYS OF PROMOTING YOUR BOOK ONLINE: Your Book's Daily Marketing Plan by Angela Hoy and Richard Hoy
Promoting your book online should be considered at least a part-time job. Highly successful authors spend more time promoting a book than they do writing it - a lot more.
We know what you're thinking. You're an author, not a marketer. Not to worry! We have more than a decade of successful online book selling experience under our belts and we're going to teach you how to promote your book effectively online...and almost all of our techniques are FREE!
Online book promotion is not only simple but, if you have a step-by-step, day-to-day marketing plan (this book!), it can also be a very artistic endeavor, which makes it fun for creative folks like you!
Yes, online book promoting can be EASY and FUN! Let us show you how, from Day 1 through Day 90...and beyond!
- Do you want to REALLY keep 100% of your royalties?
- Do you want to REALLY self-publish your book?
- Do you want direct contracts with the world's largest Print on Demand printer as well as Ingram, the world's largest book distributor, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, and any other ebook retailer you choose?
All at a price LOWER than most POD publishers!