MARKET LISTING FOR:
200 2nd Avenue South, #526
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-4313
DOES NOT CHARGE SETUP FEES.
Contact: Angela Hoy, Publisher
Contact form: http://www.abuzzpress.com/contact
About the Publisher:
Abuzz Press is a hybrid publisher – a combination of traditional publishing (authors are not charged any up-front fees, and they earn royalties on each sale) and self-publishing (authors are responsible for their own promotion, which now applies to most traditionally published authors as well). Abuzz Press provides original cover design (see samples below), interior formatting assistance, ISBN, barcode, distribution, listings on Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, BooksAMillion.com, Chapters.ca, and numerous other sites across the globe. Abuzz Press’ print titles are distributed by Ingram, the world’s largest book distributor, and the titles can be ordered from a customer’s neighborhood bookstore. Abuzz offers discounts to authors who need to purchase copies of their own books, as well as listings for their books on Abuzz Press and BookLocker.com.
Ebooks – Abuzz converts all their titles to epub and mobi formats, and lists the ebooks on Amazon (for the Kindle), BarnesandNoble.com (for the Nook), Apple’s iBooks (for iPhones and iPads), and Kobo (Canada’s popular ebook retailer). PDF versions of the ebooks are also listed on BookLocker.com for those customers who prefer having an easy-to-use file on their PC, smart-phone, or other PDF-friendly ebook reading device.
Pays royalties – 40% of what Abuzz Press is paid for print book sales (their net profit) and 30% of what they are paid for ebook sales. Usually publishes a book within a month of final manuscript submission. Prefers new manuscripts. Will accept pre-published titles that have sold well. Three-year exclusive contract. Responds within 3 business days.
- Non-fiction – This typically sells better than fiction, provided the author is a savvy marketer.
- Prepper topics
- Adult coloring books
- How-to books
- Erotica, erotic anthologies, erotic non-fiction, erotic romance (Yes, sex sells!). If you are interested in ghostwriting erotica, please let us know.
- Fiction that is exceptional
Submit your manuscript via the online form here:
HINTS: “We don’t charge setup fees but we also don’t accept every manuscript. We are seeking professional individuals who are serious about building an audience, and selling books.”
WHAT WE WILL REJECT
– Poetry books – A few poems are fine but an entire book of poetry will be rejected. Poetry rarely sells. Contact BookLocker for poetry publishing.
– Collections of short stories. Contact BookLocker for short story collections.
– Illegal material – We won’t accept manuscripts that teach people how to perform illegal acts. (i.e. how to steal credit card numbers, teach a dog to fight, etc.)
– Portraying child abuse, or minors in sexual situations – Any manuscript that describes a child being abused will be rejected. If your character is in a sexual situation, they need to be 18 or older.
– Manuscripts that may lead to lawsuits against the author – Memoirs that describe child abuse attract lawsuits. While we know writing these are therapeutic, they carry a heavy legal liability. We will reject any manuscript that we feel may lead to lawsuits against the author. Examples: My Ex is a Jerk, My Uncle Sexually Abused Me, My Boss Discriminated Against Me, John Doe at the CIA Railroaded Me and Now I’m in Prison, etc.
– Books by authors located outside of the United States. Abuzz Press only publishes books by U.S. citizens at this time.
CONTACT BOOKLOCKER IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN YOUR RIGHTS, AND EARN HIGHER ROYALTIES.
BookLocker accepts the same genres as Abuzz Press, but also publishes:
– children’s picture books and other children’s fiction
– color-interior books (for children and adults)
– previously published books
– memoirs, autobiographies and biographies
– books by authors located outside of the United States
– hardcover books
If any of these apply to you, please submit your manuscript to BookLocker HERE.
Got questions about Print On Demand and Self-publishing? Ask Angela Hoy.
About The Author
Angela Hoy is the publisher of WritersWeekly.com, the author of 19 books, and the co-owner of BookLocker.com (one of the original POD publishers that still gets books to market in less than a month), PubPreppers.com (print and ebook design for authors who truly want to self-publish), and Abuzz Press (the publishing co-op that charges no setup fees).
Angela has lived and traveled across the U.S. with her kids in an RV, settled in a river-side home in Bradenton, FL, and lived on a 52 ft Irwin sailboat. Angela now resides on a mountaintop in Northwest Georgia, where she plans to spend the rest of her days bird watching, gardening, hiking, and taking in all of the amazing sunrises.
WritersWeekly.com - the free marketing ezine for writers, which features new paying markets and freelance job listings every Wednesday.
BookLocker.com - According to attorney Mark Levine, author of The Fine Print, BookLocker is: "As close to perfection as you're going to find in the world of ebook and POD publishing. The ebook royalties are the highest I've ever seen, and the print royalties are better than average. BookLocker understands what new authors experience, and have put together a package that is the best in the business. You can't go wrong here. Plus, they're selective and won't publish any manuscript just because it's accompanied by a check. Also, the web site is well trafficked. If you can find a POD or epublisher with as much integrity and dedication to selling authors' books, but with lower POD publishing fees, please let me know."
Abuzz Press offers FAST and FREE book publication, but only accepts a small percentage of submissions, and only works with U.S. authors.
PubPreppers.com - "We Prep, You Publish!" Print and ebook design for authors who truly want to self-publish. Offers formatting and design services only, and then provides simple instructions for authors on where to sign up to have the print and ebook editions printed/listed/sold. Cut out the middle man. Keep 100% of what bookstores pay for your book!
Angela's POD Secrets Revealed Series can be found HERE.
Have a POD Book with another publisher? See if BookLocker can give you a better deal. (BookLocker offers "disgruntled author discounts" to those who want to move from other POD services.)
See BookLocker's publishing packages HERE.
ANGELA ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/AngelaHoy
BOOKLOCKER ON FACEBOOK - Provides links to free excerpts!
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
Read More Of Angela's Articles HERE
- Do you want to REALLY keep 100% of your royalties?
- Do you want to REALLY self-publish your book?
- Do you want direct contracts with the world's largest Print on Demand printer as well as Ingram, the worldís largest book distributor, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, and any other ebook retailer you choose?
All at a price LOWER than most POD publishers!