- The Writer’s Desk – They’ll pay you for your article…IF they sell 50 copies of the pub. Ha!
- Terry Porter, agent – Ouch!
- St. Mary’s Today – Receives $435K settlement after accusing county police of seizing copies of the paper to suppress unflattering stories about two county officials.
- Winners of the Muzzle Awards Announced – The Thomas Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free Expression publishes this year’s list of winners.
- The All State, the Austin Peay State University campus newspaper – Reports disappearance of 1,500 school newspapers that reported unflattering information about their leading basketball scorer.
- The Beast, a bi-weekly Buffalo, NY newspaper – Tom Cruise’s attorney sends a retraction demand.
- Inland Valley Daily Bulletin / MediaNews Group Inc. / MediaNews Group Interactive, Inc. and four of their employees – Sued Wednesday by Bo Jackson over article claiming he used steroids.
- The Globe – Editor acknowledged sending investigator photographs of his long-dead mother but denied it was an effort to pressure the detective.