I posted a note about this mystery on my Facebook Page the other day so I apologize if you’ve already seen this.
Last week, I received a small black jewelry box in the mail. It came to my home address (not the business one). There was no note inside, nor even a packing slip. Intrigued, I opened the box. Inside was nestled a small bead and a tiny cleaning cloth. Nothing else. Here’s a picture:
The mysterious bead quickly became an object of intrigue and fascination here in the “Home Office.”
Speculation was that:
1. It’s a secret listening device mailed to me by an obscure government entity.
2. It’s a member of a cyborg species that is invading the households of our planet via the US postal system.
3. Willy Wonka sent me the new version of his Everlasting Gobstopper for testing (so I may soon be turning into a blueberry!).
After posting it online, friends and readers contributed other funny (and logical) ideas.
After doing some research, I was able to determine that it’s a Pandora bead. People buy them one-at-a-time (collectibles), and add them to necklaces and bracelets. However, nobody sent me a bracelet or a chain to accompany the bead.
The box had a name on top. I googled the company, and sent them an email. I haven’t received a response. I admit that keeping the mystery alive is an alluring thought but, if it is a gift (I had a recent birthday), I very much need to thank the sender.
If you have any input or ideas, please send me a note HERE .
In the words of the magical and hilarious Willy Wonka, “The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts!”
Hugs to all,
ANGELA ON TWITTER
ANGELA ON FACEBOOK
ANGELA ON LINKEDIN
Angela is the creator of the Original 24-Hour Short Story Contest!
Read past goodies from the Home Office HERE.
HOW TO REMEMBER, WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY
Angela Hoy's popular online class is now available in book format!
Remember Your Past
and Publish It
in as little as 12 weeks!
Angela Hoy's book will get you started!
- Using Angela's MEMORY TRIGGERS, recall memories that have been dormant for years
- Record those memories in chronological order in your memory notebook
- Using the memory notebook as your outline, write your autobiography!
- Also works for biographies and memoirs!
Read more here: